2015 was a year of speculation, this year it has started with confirmation that Ross Kemp will reprise his role as Grant Mitchell in the spring. Barbara Windsor also appeared as Peggy Mitchell last month. Danniella Westbrook has also confirmed on This Morning last week that EastEnders are in talks with her agent about bring Samantha Mitchell back for a short stint.
Speaking about the return of Ross Kemp, Harry Reid who plays Ben has said revealed his excitement about working with the legend. He said: "I'm really excited, and I know everyone else is.
"Me
and Jamie [Borthwick, who plays Jay] in particular have always dreamed
of having Ben and Jay, Phil and Grant in the same room, which is so
exciting.
"And I've met Barbara, she's just the nicest, loveliest woman in the
world. To work with her, and in particular in her last bit as Peggy
- hopefully fingers crossed I do - will just be an absolute
dream, a privilege.
![]() |
| BBC |
Peggy revealed in her latest scene that she has terminal cancer. This was around the same time Phil was told he has 12 months to live if he doesn't find a liver transplant.
Speaking about Bab's strict attitude on set, Harry said: "I've heard stories she's quite strict on set
so I'm going to do my homework if I have scenes with her. But it's not
daunting, just exciting to be given an opportunity to work with her.
She's done this job for years, she's so experienced, she's one of the
best.
"And I certainly remember watching her in the Carry Ons. I'm very excited."
EastEnders will air Peggy's final scenes in the spring, with Grant due to return around the same time.


Comments
Post a Comment