EastEnders: Redwater - More Information

EastEnders Redwater starts filming


EastEnders spin-off drama Redwater started filming yesterday, the pair were spotted at a church in Ireland.

The six part series will focus on Kat and Alfie going in search of her long lost son. It will be set in an Irish village.


The pair are seen filming alongside Fionnula Flanagan, she will play a deceitful and mysterious character in the drama. The series is set to be a dark thriller and they soon realise Redwater has a dark secret.


Speaking to DigitalSpy, Richie commented: "It's a bit like Broadchurch meets The Wicker Man. I've read the first script - about a third of the way through I was going, 'No, Kat and Alfie, turn around, you should not be there'."

Richie has also expressed hope that Redwater could become a continuing series. "With the storylines we've heard, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't a long runner. That's the plan," he explained recently.


Comments