Here's What Barbara Would Have Preferred For Peggy's Exit


Dame Barbara Windsor has admitted that she would have liked more for the character before she left.

The heartbreaking scenes which aired nearly two weeks ago, caused a split response from viewers. Some felt that the build up was too much, others felt it was perfect. Barbara also managed to bring back Ross Kemp, something the show has been trying to do for years.

She said to DigitalSpy: "There was very little I would have changed. Dom [Treadwell-Collins] the boss and the team gave me a superb exit.

"If we had more time, a few more scenes with characters like Kathy and maybe more with Sharon, Dot and Shirley. But Peggy was not in that frame of mind, as we saw."


She said: "I only worked with Steve [McFadden, who plays Phil] and Ross, which as always was a pleasure and privilege. To work with Steve is always incredible, as he is such a fine actor and comes totally prepared.

"I never thought, to be honest, that the three of us would ever do a scene together again, so when Ross agreed to return it was pure magic.

"I don't believe there is a stronger sight in soap history than the Mitchell brothers either side of Peggy. We are also close friends off set and I never see a day when we are not.

Speaking about Danniella Westbrook, she said: "There was never any mention of Peggy and Sam crossing paths."


Comments