7 Things You Didn't Know About Aaron Sidwell



Many fans had assumed EastEnders had recast the role of Steven Beale to some other actor, Aaron returned last week in  role as Steven Beale.

There are a few facts about the actor that may surprise you . . . .

1: Aaron is a singer!

After Aaron left the soap, he fronted a group called The Boston Paln. He toured with artists such as Professor Green.




2: He wanted character axed!


When Steven left Walford in 2008, he backed the entire thing. "They really did try to keep Steven in," he explained, "The problem is EastEnders is a realistic show, so with Steven being a larger-than-life character, it was always going to be hard having him doing the same crazy things day in, day out. I wasn't expecting to stay on the Square forever."  We agree that he seems to fit into the soap much better now.

3: He Didn't Kill Lucy!


When his on screen sister died in 2014, many fans had expressed their view that Steven had returned to Walford and killed his sister. He wanted everyone to know he was not returning any time soon. At the time, he wrote on twitter: "No plans in place to return to @bbceastenders guys. But what a storyline. Keep watching! It's not a case of me not wanting to return to @bbceastenders it's just not currently on the cards. One day I'll be back I'm sure!"

4: He Watched Like Us



Aaron is seen here, on the edge of his seat like the rest of us. Even after his tweet, many fans still reckoned it was him.

5: He Went All Out For A Role

#StJimmy #AmericanIdiot #idiotnation #cocaine #pants #tattoo #guitar #mohawks

A photo posted by Aaron Sidwell (@aaronsidwell1988) on



Aaron played the part of Johnny in Green Day's American Idiot. He wanted the part to be so real, he underwent an extreme weight-loss diet that completely transformed his appearance.

"It's been a physical challenge, it's taken its toll on my body and it's much more of a mental strain," he admitted while promoting the show. "It is very mentally draining to do and that's been more of a challenge. I've felt it's been very difficult on my sanity."

6: He Was A Dick In School


When he spoke about his time in his private school, promoting his play Loserville, he explained that he was a "a bit of a cock".  He continued: "I was a s**t. I should have been expelled! I was horrible," he said at the time.

"I went to a private school and everybody at my school was very well behaved. I didn't really want to be at school, I never liked school, because I knew from the age of five that I wanted to be an actor. School just seemed irrelevant to me. [I was] a bit of a cock – luckily I'm not a cock any more." Phew!

7: He's A Father Of Two!

#sundaymorning #cuddles #Isla

A photo posted by Aaron Sidwell (@aaronsidwell1988) on



Aaron is father to two girls, Matilda who is 6 and Isla Grace who is 4. Talking about being a father, he said: "I'm just a dad really, I'm very sensible," he said in 2012. "Not at work, I'm by far the most immature I think, I'll be the one making fart noises. In my home life I'm very settled down, I've got two little girls and I drive a dad car. I'm not cool any more, I drive a Fiat Punto Grande. It used to be a Ford Focus."

Comments