June Brown: "I can recognise my children again." - Star Undergoes Eyemax Mono Procedure

EastEnders star undergoes groundbreaking procedure.

BBC


Many people were unaware that Dot Branning actress June Brown, was being treated for macular degeneration, the same condition her character was struggling with.

EastEnders bosses took the brave decision to write in June's health condition, helping to raise awareness for the medical condition which may result in blurred or no vision in the center of the visual field.



The EastEnders legend said, speaking to the Sunday Express: “I can see people’s faces and recognise my children again. I can now distinguish colours and the pattern on a rug that I couldn’t see before.




“I can read again and I don’t think I would be able to see at all if I hadn’t had the operation.”

"[My eyesight] is slowly improving all the time. I think my brain is teaching my peripheral vision to come into operation."

BBC

June was originally diagnosed with the disease over a decade ago, but it worsened last year. The Eyemax Mono Procedure June received will be available in the UK from next week.

For more information, visit the London Eye Hospital Website.


Comments

Post a Comment