Sam Womack Speaks Out Over Sean O’Connor Leaving EastEnders

Sam Womack speaks out over Sean O'Connor EastEnders departure


Sam Womack as Ronnie Mitchell
If there was one person you would expect to come out in defense of Sean O’Connor’s departure from EastEnders, you certainly wouldn’t have thought it would be Ronnie Mitchell actress Samantha Womack!

When Sean joined the show last year, one of the first things he set into motion was to kill off soap favourites, Ronnie and Roxy Mitchell.

 


The actress has since spoken out, and she makes a good point: “I’m always wary of making one single person a scapegoat. Ideas are brought to him too. It’s easy to pin the blame on one person, I don’t think it’s helpful.” - Samantha Womack – The Mirror


Ronnie Mitchell on her wedding day

“It’s full of talented hard-working people so I hope they get back on their feet,” she added.

“I have worked in every time of job whether it’s TV, film or musical comedy and I thought I’d be prepared.

“It’s not just that, it’s also the fact that each time you get a new writer or director on-board they’re always trying to change the character so it’s trying to hold on to that and fight tooth and nail to keep her authenticity and that’s no easy feat – that probably why I was killed.” - Samantha Womack – The Mirror
 


EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One


Comments