Shona on Return of Feisty Whitney Dean

Shona McGarty teases what's next for Whitney Dean

EastEnders Whitney
Shona McGarty, EastEnders

Since her marriage to Lee Carter broke down, Whitney has had a string of bad luck but fans of the character will be pleased to know that the feisty Whitney is making a comeback.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk on the NTA red carpet, Shona McGarty who plays Whitney, said she's excited for the year ahead.



Whitney has lost a lot since her relationship with fiance Woody broke down, moving out of the Vic and eventually losing her job courtesy of Shirley Carter, and on top of that, her best friend Lauren revealed that she is planning on leaving Walford.

EastEnders, BBC One
In recent weeks, we have seen Whitney slowly returning to her feisty/protective self, especially after the return of her little sister Tiffany Butcher.

Shona hopes that her character will get her backbone back, have some happiness and teases "exciting stuff" between Whitney and Tiffany.

"I've got Maisie back, my sister Tiffany, which I'm really happy about. There should be lots and lots of exciting stuff coming up for me and her" she said.

Shona McGarty, National Television Awards

She continued: "It's going to be a really good year, diffinately." - When asked about the recent Christmas storyline which see Lauren and Abi fall from the Queen Vic roof, Shona said: "I watched it myself and I was crying my eyes out!"

When asked what she would like next for Whitney, Shona continued: "A bit of happiness, get her feistiness back, that's what I want."

"I think it will bring back those memories of living with Bianca, hopefully she'll get her backbone back." she said.

To watch the video, click here.



Comments