Harry Reid "glad" he was written out of EastEnders

Harry talks how the decision for Ben Mitchell to leave was a good thing

Harry Reid, mandy.com

It's only two months since Ben Mitchell was last seen in Walford, Harry Reid who played him now feels the shock departure of the character is a good thing.

Speaking on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch, Harry said: "As an actor, it is such a hard thing – you want to pay the bills and you want to do the job you love. So you do have to make a choice.



"Obviously, I told you last time they wrote me out so they kind of gave me that push, but it was one that I'm glad they did, because now I can go out and do other stuff."

When asked if he wanted to stay on the soap, Harry said: "I always did want to renew because I loved the character but it was always in the back of our heads at some point to leave, because I did want to do other stuff."

Harry Reid, Instagram

Harry is currently playing Leonard Vole, a big role in the Agatha Christie's Witness of the prosecution.

EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.



Comments