Dame Barbara Windsor's Audio Message to Fans

"Have no fear as I still intend to carry on"

BBC One

After it was revealed recently that Dame Barbara Windsor is battling Alzheimer's, Loose Women's Jane Moore received a message from the legend, wishing her a happy birthday and to thank fans for their support.


"Hi Jane and all the Loose Women," Dame Barbara said. "It's Barbara Windsor here, and I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday, Jane. And thank you so much for being a loyal and good friend, and for helping Scott share my recent news.


"I'd also like to say a big thank you to everyone for the lovely messages of support I've been receiving. It really means a lot to me, it really does. Have a great day, and have no fear as I still intend to carry on. And god bless everyone."


Many of Babs' EastEnders friends have come out to show support, including Jake Wood who said Dame Barbara was experiencing "ups and downs, good days and bad days."

For more information on the disease, or to donate to a charity, please visit the Alzheimer's Society website here.

Comments