![]() |
| EastEnders, BBC One |
After nearly four years at EastEnders, Metro.co.uk have exclusively revealed that Bonnie Langford, who plays Carmel Kazemi, will be leaving the soap.
Bonnie revealed that the door has been left open for her character to return in the future, but she doesn't feel it would be possible for Carmel to live where her son was murdered.
Speaking to Metro, Bonnie said: ‘I’ve had a wonderful three and a half years at EastEnders and it’s been a privilege to be part of such an iconic show. My current storyline has been such an incredible experience and I’m honoured to be part of something so powerful and poignant.
![]() |
| EastEnders, BBC One |
‘However as I’ve known since the beginning of this storyline, it would always lead to Carmel having to take a break from Walford. I’m not leaving just yet though and there is still plenty more to come from Carmel.’
An EastEnders spokesperson also commented: ‘We can confirm Bonnie will be leaving EastEnders later this year. Bonnie has been a fantastic addition to the cast and we wish her all the very best for the future.’
Carmel is due to depart towards the end of the year.


Comments
Post a Comment