EastEnders Introduce 'Explosive' New Character!

Sean Mahon's character arrives in Walford later this summer

EastEnders, BBC One

EastEnders have announced that Irish actor Sean Mahon, has been cast to play the role of Ray Kelly, the ex-husband of Mel Owen and brother of Irish villain, Ciara Maguire.

Ryan will arrive in Walford as part of this summer's explosive storyline, turning up after Hunter makes contact with him.


Ray is said to be a risk-taker, expert liar and someone who always gets what he wants. Hopefully the locals are not taken in by his charm as beneath his charming exterior lies a dangerous man.

Sean Mahon

Despite Mel refusing to answer any questions regarding her ex-husband, Hunter is determined to make contact with his stepdad.

Speaking to Digital Spy about joining EastEnders, Sean said: "I remember watching the very first episode of EastEnders back in 1985, little did I think I would be roaming the streets of Walford and hanging out at The Queen Vic all these years later.


"I'm so happy to join such an incredibly hard-working and talented team and I'm very much looking forward to playing out the drama that inevitably ensues on any given day in Albert Square.

"My character Ray Kelly is not one to tread lightly, and his arrival to the Square will cause shockwaves for many of the residents… it doesn't get much better than that."

EastEnders, BBC One

John Yorke said about his arrival: "Sean is both a wonderful actor and a delight to work with. His character brings to the show some very big secrets and we can't wait to watch them explode."

Sean Mahon's past jobs include ER, Line of Fire, Red Rock, films Mr and Mrs Smith and Philomena.

Ray Kelly will arrive in Walford this summer. Click here for the latest news.


Comments