'Enders Boss Reveals Carter Fate and Mitchell Family Drama!

Big Mitchell storyline, Carters fate revealed and much more

eastenders
BBC

With the arrival of a new boss usually spelling the end of some much-loved characters, Kate Oates has spoken out for the first time since heading the BBC's iconic soap.

Just days into her new position, Kate sat down with The Sun and answered the all important question, is it the end for Mick and Linda Carter?


"I always want to see them tested but that doesn't mean not seeing them in the Vic. I like them in the Vic and I think Danny and Kellie are a brilliant soap pairing.

 "They've got an amazing range because as well as the drama they're capable of such warmth and I think that's when the audience loves them at their best, when they're actually showing that full range.

BBC

 "So no, I don't have any kind of plans to shake that up. I'm a big fan of the Carters so no, no plans to get rid of them. And also Danny's teaching me to speak cockney!"

Kate also revealed how excited she is about upcoming stories for with characters: "We've got some good Mitchell stuff on the storyboard. The Phil/Keanu/Sharon stuff is all very exciting. We've got some good stuff for Tiffany with her having taken herself into a dark world. I'm picking up on stories that have already begun here."


As well as a dramatic new storyline for Mel Owen in the new year, Kate revealed that the Slater family will also take centre stage: "The Slaters are a really vibrant precinct and they're just as lively as ever," she added. "So yeah, we've got some good stuff in the works."

EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.


Comments