EastEnders Boss Confirms Old Characters ARE Returning, But Who?

Grant Mitchell, Mark Fowler Jr, Fatboy, Vincent and Shabnam all in the running to return!

BBC

Going against what every incoming soap boss does, Kate Oates has revealed that she will not be sacking any current cast member, in fact she is bringing some of them back!

Speaking to the Daily Star on Sunday, Kate revealed: "I've only been there a few weeks but we're already making our plans," she said.



"We're going to be bringing people back. So that's exciting." It seems viewers won't have long to wait, with Oates adding: "I haven't made the calls yet, but there will definitely be two, possibly three old faces returning. You'll probably see them in the first quarter of the new year."

BBC

Although Kate didn't reveal the names of the characters she hopes to bring back, some of the obvious names are Shabnam Masood, Vincent Hubbard, Ben Mitchell and Arthur 'Fatboy' Chubb.

Viewers will also be introduced to some new characters: "There will be some new faces too, so that's exciting.



"No-one will be going. I go with it when the story goes with it – I haven't come in with a list of people to axe. At Corrie, I put the iconic families, like the Barlows and Platts back at the heart of the show and I think a similar approach is needed at EastEnders."

How exciting!

EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.



Comments