Stacey Fowler actress Lacey Turner and her husband Matt Kat, have announced that they are expecting their first child together.
Speaking to OK! Magazine about her pregnancy, Lacey said: "I can’t wait to nurture our baby – we’ve dreamed of having a family for so long."
"When you’ve lost babies all you care about is the heartbeat – we’ve had about 12 scans."
Lacey also opened up about the heartache the couple experienced when they suffered two miscarriages: "whole world had fallen to pieces". "I blamed myself thinking that I’d done something wrong," she said.
"I’d think, 'Why me? What did I do?' But, of course, I hadn't done anything wrong – it's all down to chromosomes and luck, really.
![]() |
| OK! Magazine |
Keeping the news of their pregnancy under wraps at the beginning, Lacey revealed that her colleague Natalie Cassidy - who plays Sonia Jackson - was the first person to realise that she was pregnant.
With their new baby due in July, this will mean that Stacey Fowler will leave the soap when the actor takes her maternity leave. What will take Stacey Fowler away from Walford?
From all of us at Walford East, a huge congratulations to the happy couple!
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.


Comments
Post a Comment