June Brown revealed in 2017 that she had undergone eye surgery to improve her eyesight, but the Walford legend has revealed that she no longer recognises friends anymore.
Speaking to The Mirror, June said: "I've got very poor sight. I've got extra lenses inside my eyes to try and help me read better. They help with my peripheral vision, but I've got no central vision at all. I haven't driven for years and I can't really go out socially due to my eyesight.
"I never go to soap awards or suchlike now. I don't recognise people that I know and they would think I was snubbing them. And I have got loads of fan letters that I haven't been able to read or reply to since it all started."
![]() |
| BBC |
Dot is not on our screens at the moment as the actor has taken some more time off, revealing that EastEnders do everything they can to help: "They use big fonts. They are very kind," she said. "I hope I'm worth it. Well, I suppose if I weren’t they wouldn’t bother, would they?
"As for leaving… you’d have to ask the scriptwriters. They have to decide what will happen to Dot and then they'll approach me. I don't think they will kill me off. I don’t think anybody there would like to," she continued.
"I think they'll probably just send me off to Ireland forever, but I really have no idea."
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.


Comments
Post a Comment