EastEnders: Who's Leaving and Returning? Updated List

Find out who's leaving and who's returning to EastEnders in 2019



The first half of 2019 has already seen some noticeable changes in the soap after the arrivals of both Kate Oates and Jon Sen as joint executive producers, not to mention the successful return (and departure) of Robert Kazinsky's character, Sean Slater.



Here's a look at the confirmed list of who's returning, and who's leaving Walford this year.

Hunter Owen played by Charlie Winter

BBC

Charlie was spotted filming at Elstree earlier this year, and the news of Hunter's return has confused some viewers after the character was sentenced to life for killing his step-father, Ray Kelly.

An EastEnders spokesperson recently confirmed the return of the character: “We can confirm Charlie is back filming with EastEnders for a short stint, which will air later this year."

It was also revealed that Hunter Owen will be killed off during his return to Walford.

Hunter's return leads us nicely to the next name on our list. Is there a connection? Probably . . .


Mel Owen played by Tamzin Outhwaite



When Tamzin return to Walford in 2017, the actor revealed that she was only meant to stay for 12 months, but later decided to stick around when offered an extension to her contract. Last month it was revealed that Mel Owen would be leaving Walford.

Announcing her departure, Tamzin said: "When John (Yorke) asked me to return to EastEnders back in 2017, I jumped at the chance to play Mel once more but it was only supposed to be for a year. That year quickly passed and I agreed to stay on for another, but now the time feels right to once again pursue other challenges.

"I will of course miss so many people here at EastEnders, and I will forever have good memories of my time at the show, but I am also excited to experience new roles outside of Walford."





Lisa Fowler played by Lucy Benjamin

BBC

Lisa Fowler was last seen in Walford back in 2017, but news came earlier this year that Lucy Benjamin will be returning to the role as part of a big storyline.

Lisa's daughter Louise is currently carrying Keanu Taylor's baby, and it now been revealed Sharon Mitchell is also carrying the young mechanics child. Is this the reason for Lisa's return?

Taking about character coming back to the soap, Jon Sen said: "Lisa is one of the most enduringly popular characters in the history of the show. We're chuffed Lucy has agreed to come back for a thrilling storyline that takes us into the heart of her past on the Square."


Bianca Jackson played by Patsy Palmer

BBC

Jon Sen recently managed to convince Patsy Palmer to return to the soap, bringing the legendary Bianca Jackson back to Walford later this year.

Speaking about Patsy's return to the soap, Jon Sen said: "When I joined the show in January, bringing Bianca Jackson back to the Square was high on my wish list.

"I'm thrilled to announce that Patsy's agreed to return to reprise her iconic creation in a blistering storyline that will grip fans this autumn. There is no-one more excited than me to see her step back into Albert Square again. I simply cannot wait."



Dotty Cotton played by Milly Zero

BBC

The daughter of Nick Cotton was last seen in Walford nearly a decade ago, but EastEnders is bringing back the character later this year, this time played by Milly Zero, and she will return with her grandmother, Dot Branning.

Speaking about joining the soap, Milly Zero said: "I am honestly so excited to be playing Dotty Cotton and joining the E20 family, especially playing alongside June Brown, who I have been watching on my telly since I was a young girl.

BBC

"Her and Dotty have such an interesting relationship to explore with a complicated history, so I can’t wait to see what the future holds for them. It all feels very surreal and I am buzzing already."

So those are the current confirmed cast changes for 2019, but we're sure that will change as the year continues, including some more surprises. What's your favourite so far?


Comments

  1. Bring back Fatboy and Vincent. Sean as well if he'll come back again. Of course Grant will be welcome anytime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment