EastEnders Star Reveals Dark New Year Episode

Linda Carter will hit rock bottom by the time New Year's Eve arrives

EastEnders Star Reveals Dark New Year Episode




Viewers have already seen the effects of Linda's drinking, but things are about to get a whole lot worse as the landlady's drinking spirals out of control over Christmas.

Linda will hit rock bottom by the time New Year's Eve arrives, and Kellie Bright who plays her has teased: "What everyone has seen of Linda so far is only the tip of the iceberg."

BBC

Speaking to Digital Spy, Kellie also revealed Linda's joy over the return of her eldest son, Lee: "the timing of his appearance isn't good…"

"It was great to do scenes with him again and lovely to have him around. It was also great to be able to be a mum to an older child again – I've missed playing that parental role."

BBC

So how bad does Linda's behaviour get over New Year? Kellie said: "New Year's Eve is pretty out there – it's unbelievable and she does some horrendous things. Everything that Linda does at New Year's Eve, I believe. When I got the script, I could believe that an alcohol fuelled Linda would do all of that stuff."

"Mick is horrified and disgusted by her behaviour. Mick can't quite believe what is happening, there is a bit of denial and he doesn't know how to handle it. There is concern but there's also anger. For Lee, it's mostly concern. He almost becomes the parent to Linda and Mick."

BBC
BBC


"I can't tell you why but there is a reason that comes to light as why she is so out of control. Basically it's the driving force behind Linda's wheels falling off on New Year's Eve – that's why she's so on edge." she continued.

EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.

Comments