EastEnders has revealed that a brand new Ben Mitchell storyline will kick off soon after last week's tragic boat accident sees Ben suffer further with his hearing loss.
New character Frankie, played by Rose Ayling-Ellis, will be put in contact with Ben by Callum. - Speaking about joining the soap, Rose told Digital Spy: "I am so excited to be joining the cast of EastEnders and I am equally proud to be one of the first deaf actresses to be part of this iconic soap. I can't wait for everyone to meet Frankie!"
![]() |
| BBC |
BBC storyline writer Charlie Swinbourne revealed why the story is a "lifelong dream", saying: "It’s been an incredible experience to work with the EastEnders team over the last few months," he said. "Being deaf myself, and a fan of the show from an early age, I've always looked out for Ben Mitchell's character because he was the one who wore hearing aids!"
Ben Mitchell actor Max Bowden said on twitter: "And so begins the biggest challenge of my career, but the most important exciting. Can't wait for you all to see how epic Rose is too."
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.


Comments
Post a Comment