John Altman Suggests How to Get June Brown Back to EastEnders

With EastEnders admitting "the door remains open" for June's return, John Altman gives an update

EastEnders Dot Return

Fans of June Brown were devastated back in February when the actor revealed she had left the soap after 35 years.

Despite June vowing to never return, actor John Altman who played her on-screen son Nick Cotton, revealed there might be a way to get the legend back on our screens.




With EastEnders admitting "the door remains open" for June to return, John has given an update: "Last I spoke to June, it was doubtful she'd ever go back. But you never know. Maybe if they offered her something really exciting…"

BBC
During his interview with the The Mirror, John also revealed June's disappointment in bosses recasting the role of on-screen granddaughter Dotty: "June was quite upset they didn't bring Molly back. I couldn't see any reason why they didn't, you'd have to ask the BBC. She's a very good actress."

Molly Conlin as Dotty Cotton

"I don't know the new actress, I know she's also good. But I thought bringing in a new Dotty when they already had one was daft. Naturally, June wasn't pleased."

June previously revealed she would never return, saying: "I've left. I've left for good. I've sent myself off to Ireland where she'll stay. I've left EastEnders. I did make up a limerick. It's a bit dirty . . . "




"I went back to do a good story. Alas and alack, when I got back, it had gone up in smoke. Got a small part, a very small part. And that ended up as a big wet fart. Alas and alack, I will never go back."

Would you like to see Dot return? Is it only right that EastEnders do everything they can to get the legend back on our screens?

Comments