There's no doubt that both Lorraine Stanley and Diane Parish are thrilled to be back at work in Elstree, bringing their characters out of lockdown like much of the population, but it seems the changes in production, caused by strict guidelines, is proving more difficult than they anticipated.
Speaking shortly after her return, Lorraine who plays Karen Taylore revealed: "Oh, it's good to be back but I'm a hugger and I'm not allowed to hug anyone, so it's a bit difficult in that respect,"
"We have to, like, [air kiss] them sort of kisses, those sort of hugs. "So, that's a bit weird. But it's good to be back!"
Speaking to Stacey Dooley, co-star Diane Parish who plays Denise Fox revealed: "It's been tricky,"
"Actors intrinsically have to be free, they have to be tactile and uninhibited. And when you place inhibition on an actor, it can sometimes be hard to be comfortable playing a scene out. You've got a third eye on yourself because you're aware of the things you can't do.
"The thing I was taught when I was learning was to leave yourself alone as an actor, and this is the antithesis of that.
"You have to be very aware of yourself so that you don't touch the wrong thing, or throw your arms around somebody, or walk too close. We have to adhere to those things for our safety. It's difficult but it's possible," she said.
"But it's good to be working. That's the important thing for many of us in soap at the moment, is that we are part of a very privileged group in our industry who have jobs to go back to. So I'm grateful for that."
EastEnders: Secrets from the Square with Diane Parish and Tameka Empson airs on Monday 8pm on BBC One.



Comments
Post a Comment