EastEnders Actor Confirms Exit from Soap

"I always knew I'd only be in the show for a set period of time when I signed up"

EastEnders Actor Confirms Exit from Soap



Amar Adatia has revealed he's leaving EastEnders as part of a dramatic storyline. Amar, who plays Jags Pansar, joined EastEnders in 2019.


Speaking to Digital Spy, Amar teased a decision made by Jags' mum Suki will lead to his exit from the soap.



Speaking about his exit, Amar said: "I always knew I'd only be in the show for a set period of time when I signed up. I had just finished shooting a film and had prior commitments to promote that, but then the pandemic hit and everything understandably got put on hold.


EastEnders Actor Confirms Exit from Soap
BBC


"With timings all pushed back, I was more than happy stay a little bit longer to make sure that we wrapped up Jags's storyline properly. I was really lucky to have those extra months of filming and to spend time with everyone on set before I said goodbye.


"I can't share too much about what happens but it serves to further prove just how far Suki will go to get her way!"


"I know how important it is to show diversity and to reflect real life on screen so it was lovely to play a part in a family like that. It's been an honour and an amazing journey."


EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.


Comments