When EastEnders returns, one storyline which has had viewers gripped for months will come to a tragic end.
Bosses at Elstree have confirmed the domestic abuse storyline involving the Atkins family will come to a horrifying end when Gray kills his wife, Chantelle.
Speaking today, Jon Sen said: "Being able to shed light on the realities of what goes on behind closed doors has never been more crucial given the harrowing statistics as a result of the current pandemic, and hopefully Chantelle's story will encourage people to speak out to someone they trust and get the support that they need.
"Jessica's performance is nothing short of extraordinary and even in her final scenes, the audience will be moved by Chantelle's strength. We're very sorry so see Jessica go but hope that her impact on viewers is long-lasting."
|
| BBC |
Jessica Plummer who plays Chantelle spoke recently about the storyline: "It's been such a privilege to play Chantelle and to be able to tell her story,"
"Sadly what she goes through is all too common and her death is a reminder of the devastating effect of domestic abuse.
"I've known it wasn't going to end well for Chantelle for a while now and although it was a shock to find out her fate, far too many men and women suffer in silence so I hope that by raising awareness we can ultimately save lives. I am so grateful to all the team and my lovely cast members for being so supportive, I’ll miss Albert Square."
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.


I was really sad to hear about hiss death, I didn't know her at all, but as a human being I have a duty to express my grief. Regards: PhD Dissertation Writing Services
ReplyDelete