Lacey Turner has returned to work at Elstree since giving birth to her daughter, but the actor spoke out on the tragic journey she and husband Matt went on before welcoming their bundle of joy.
Speaking in an upcoming Channel 5 documentary Miscarriage: Our Story, Lacey revealed: "There's this whole taboo about not speaking about pregnancy and keeping it a secret until you're 12 weeks,"
Speaking about suffering a miscarriage at seven weeks, Lacey said: "I went back to work the next day, carried on like nothing had happened, which actually makes me really sad now looking back,"
"I was probably walking around feeling so heartbroken yet nobody would have had a clue."
|
| OK! Magazine |
One thing Lacey has discovered is the importance of speaking out: "You don't understand it, you feel completely alone. There isn't anyone who can help you, there isn't anyone who can make it better – it's happened. I think, actually, what we should have done was talk to each other, but because we didn't, it made both of us really lonely."
Lacey continued: "Had I opened my mouth and asked someone a simple question of, 'Have you ever experienced anything like that?' I would have known that actually I would have had a handful of people to speak to, and I wouldn't have been lonely at all."
|
| @laceyturner |
Lacey announced recently that she and husband Matt are expecting their second child due to arrive in the New Year.
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.



Comments
Post a Comment