It was revealed earlier this year that actor Jake Wood would be stepping away from his Max Branning character to pursue a career behind the camera.
Jake will leave the soap after an impressive 15 years service on the soap, and in a recent tweet, the Branning brother revealed his exit is on the horizon.
Jake said recently: "With only 3 weeks left of filming EastEnders these thoughts are at the forefront of my mind. I’m excited for new challenges, new opportunities and for sharing this next chapter with u guys."
Jake has wasted no time in taking to his new passion by directing a secret project over the last few weeks.
"Absolutely buzzing to be directing a very exciting project. All will be revealed soon peeps," he said on Instagram.
For fans of Max, don't worry, the character will not leave the soap in a box, Jake admitted: "I've had 15 wonderful years at EastEnders and have made some truly great friends.
"I'll of course miss everyone there but I'm grateful they have left the door open for Max and I'm excited to see what the next chapter holds."
Will you be sad to see Max Branning leave Walford?


Comments
Post a Comment