Both Kellie Bright who plays Linda Carter, and Louisa Lytton who plays Ruby
Allen have reportedly wrapped up filming as both actors go on maternity leave.
Their exit's will coincide with the arrival of Walford baddie Janine Butcher,
and it was announced last month that EastEnders has filmed an epic fire stunt
as part of this years big storyline, with characters of the show spotted
filming the scenes surrounded by billowing smoke and emergency services.
An obvious scenario surrounding Ruby's departure from Walford would see the
character exposed for sending Stacey Slater to prison for a crime she didn't
commit. Could the character face time behind bars?
With regards to Linda Carter, the writers clearly have something up their
sleeve with regards to Max Branning kidnapping baby Abi, and around the time
that Linda discovered she was pregnant with his baby. A coincidence? Despite
Mick's support for his wife, maybe a few weeks from now we'll see how the
landlord truly feels.
Another possibility is Linda finding out that Frankie was the driver of the
car that knocked down Nancy, and then going on to find out that Mick knew all
along and kept it from her.
Hopefully we don't see Mick and Linda split for the umpteenth time and writers
come up with something a little more original.
With regards to the fire, the location of the incident is being kept quiet, with the Queen Vic being a strong contender. An insider to the show has revealed the fire storyline is part of Janine Butcher's big return to the Square.
Maybe the Carter's lose the family home around the same time Linda is
scheduled to have the baby, so it would make sense for her to go and stay with
her mum.
Thankfully we know these two actors will be back, with Louisa Lytton
explaining on the podcast Made by Mammas: "I’m at home being a mum.
I’m doing the thing I’ve wanted the most in life, so I don’t think I’ll be in
a rush to go back to work,"
"I’m gonna stay home, give it a year, I think, of me not working. But if I
decide to go back before or after, we’ll work it out from there," she said.
Sadly in soapland, every big stunt usually results in a death or two. Do you have any predictions of who won't make it out alive?
More details to follow.




Comments
Post a Comment