It was revealed recently that EastEnders has cast Ross Boatman to play Dana's father, Harvey. The taxi driver will arrive unannounced at Bobby's 18th birthday party.
As Bobby's guests hide at the restaurant for the surprise gettogether, everyone is surprised when Harvey turns up and reveals he is Dana's father, leaving her shocked.
Speaking of Harvey's arrival, Ross explained to Digital Spy: "I can't give too much away but Harvey first shows up at the restaurant for Bobby's surprise party – he ends up surprising everybody!" he said. "It's a shock for Bobby and Dana too, she's not expecting her dad."
"There will be more to Harvey than just being a dad of course. Fingers crossed together with a fantastic team of writers I'll help shape a character that the EastEnders audience will enjoy."
Harvey has no idea about Bobby's dark past, but with the close bond he has with his daughter, how will he react when he discovers the truth? "I think like any caring parent he'd be extremely alarmed and deeply concerned about his daughter and her safety," he said.
"I have a daughter not too far from Dana's age and if she told me that her boyfriend had bumped off his sister I can't say I'd be all too happy about it.
"If she really loved him then for the sake of her happiness I would try to understand what, why, how, etc. but I'm not sure Harvey would be so understanding."
It also looks like Harvey is here to stay: "He is a cabbie by trade and as luck would have it there's a new cab office on the square, so maybe if Harvey's very lucky he might find himself a bit of work in Walford too!"
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.



Comments
Post a Comment