Viewers will be given the rare opportunity to look back at the lives of some
of EastEnders' much-loved characters, past and present as we get transported
back to the 70's.
As well as Peggy, Phil and Grant, viewers will also get to see Eric Mitchell
for the first time, as well as some favourites such as Billy and his brother
Charlie, Sam Mitchell, and their cousins Ronnie and Roxy along with their
parents, Glenda and George, as well as Archie Mitchell.
The special episode will see the beginnings of the end of Peggy and Eric's
marriage, as well as the troubles brewing between Eric and Phil.
The episode is part of the bigger storyline currently focusing on Phil
Mitchell and his deal with DCI Keeble.
As Phil looks for clues to help his present-day dilemma, viewers will join him on a trip back to 1979 in a bid to protect his family today.
The special, which will air this autumn, will see actress Jamie Winstone step
into the role of Peggy for the first time: “It’s been such an honour to
step into Peggy Mitchell’s shoes for the first time, and into Barbara’s shoes
for the second time. There’s certainly a healthy amount of pressure when
you’re taking on such an iconic role - I thoroughly enjoyed it. Playing this
role has really cemented my love and admiration for Barbara as I got to
bookend my journey by playing Peggy Mitchell – I hope I’ve done her justice
and I’ve loved every minute of it, I can’t wait for everyone to see the
episode.”
EastEnders Producer Chris Clenshaw said: “We’re delighted to be welcoming
an incredible cast of actors to set for this special flashback episode,
including the luminous Jaime Winstone as a young Peggy Mitchell. Focussed on
the Mitchell family, audiences will embark on a rollercoaster journey to the
East End of London in 1979 where they’ll delve into the family’s past, seeing
much-loved and iconic characters, as well as meeting characters from the
show’s history that have never been seen on screen before."
Comments
Post a Comment