EastEnders actress Rose Ayling-Ellis has revealed her plans following Frankie's exit from the Square. Her next project will see the Strictly winner help develop a comedy-drama about deaf women on the dating scene in London.
Rose will star in the show, which currently has no title, created at the Edinburgh TV festival (via Deadline). Speaking to Deadline, Rose said: "This is something that hasn't been spoken about. We hear a lot about being female and how women appear in the dating scene but as a deaf woman, it's a very different experience. It will be nice to share that story."
"There are so many different people in the show and I can't speak on behalf of their experiences so I wanted a team that could put it all together. I won't exactly be going to the countryside to spend months writing this," she said.
Rose also expressed her frustration with EastEnders' approach to deaf characters, adding: "They will write my characters who are in a room with a big group of people arguing with each other, following everything that is being said and even repeating things back to them," she said.
"Or they will write my character as lipreading someone from impossibly far away – like I have a superpower, which is not realistic at all!" she added.
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One and on BBC iPlayer from Monday's.

Comments
Post a Comment