EastEnders has confirmed that Janine Butcher's time in Albert Square is coming to an end as the character is exposed once again.
Charlie Brooks who plays her, revealed this weekend how she was only meant to be back for a year, but new EastEnders boss Chris Clenshaw convinced her to stay for an extra six months as part of Danny Dyer's exit storyline.
Speaking to The Sun on Sunday, Charlie said: "I was only ever due back to EastEnders for a year, but when [exec producer] Chris Clenshaw presented me with his idea for the story, I couldn’t say no to staying a little longer.
"I've had an amazing time, as I always do when I go back. But as always with Janine, she probably should not outstay her welcome — for everyone's sake."
It has been revealed Janine's exit storyline will play out over the big New Year's episodes, ones that will also include her brother, Ricky Butcher, played by Sid Owen.
A teaser revealed: "Ricky has always had a way of causing trouble for himself and those around him and this time promises to be no different. Now reunited with his troublesome sister, Janine, it’s safe to say the siblings will quickly get up to no good, but viewers will have to wait and see what brings Ricky back and if he’s a changed man."
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.
Comments
Post a Comment