Emmerdale Boss P'd Off Over EastEnders Winning Awards

Emmerdale boss not happy with EastEnders


The new producer of Emmerdale, Iain MacLeod explained how Emmerdale should be winning more awards and not be overlooked.

Emmerdale won big at the Inside Soap Awards and recently won the Best Soap prize at the Broadcast Awards. He told BBC Radio Leeds: ‘We won the Broadcast Award the other night, so I should say a very big well done to everyone who works on the show. I am thrilled for them all. I can’t take any of the credit for that, because I’ve only just arrived! But everybody over there richly deserves that and may there be many more.


He then continued: ‘It has won awards over the years; historically it seems like the London soap, as I like to call it, or EastEnders seems to clean up at most of the bigger award ceremonies, which I think is desperately unfair.

‘Anyone that loves Emmerdale, watches Emmerdale, would agree that it’s the best show on the television, really. We’d like to have a bigger pile of awards this time next year.’
The big awards show is in May, The British Soap Awards where all the soaps will be battling for the tops spot.

Does Iain have any point in what he's saying, or does he have his knickers in a twist?

Comments

  1. "Anyone that loves Emmerdale, watches Emmerdale, would agree that it’s the best show on the television" Yeah and obviously the same with Eastenders fans......and theres more of us........he is an idiot clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I stopped watching Emmerdale and started watching Eastenders.....that's how great Emmerdale it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmerdale IS the best soap, we watch it along with Eastenders and Corrie, it gets better and better. It should win awards and get the recognition it deserves. It's the one soap we really looking forward to watching of an evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think the real reason Eastenders wins is because old and young people watch it. Corrie is more for the older crowd and Emmerdale for the younger. This year, Emmerdale's plots have been pretty solid. Eastenders had some stupid plots and Corrie had that Gavin/Andy thing. Eastenders has a bigger fan base and it shows.

      Delete
  4. EastEnders is the best and people do have a mind of there own

    ReplyDelete
  5. EastEnders is the best and people do have a mind of there own

    ReplyDelete
  6. EastEnders is the best and people do have a mind of there own

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eastenders is the best the one and only that gets the most views and I think its us the people that watch the show will decide which is best not an insider working in the soap

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment