Richard Blackwood Explains That Ending

Richard explains the ending in last night's episode

EastEnders keep door open for Richard Blackwood
EastEnders, BBC One

Many viewers were left confused after last night's episode when the camera faded to black before the credits, leaving us wondering about Vincent's fate, but there was a reason for it apparently.



Richard told Metro.co.uk: ‘I have had such a great time at EastEnders – we were meant to part ways here; EastEnders has its story to continue and I have my own life and story to continue but down the line, it’s the best feeling for EastEnders to say that the door’s open and you can come back.

Richard Blackwood

Richard continued: "When it fades to black, I am hoping people gasp and want to know what has happened. We want to make sure we cater to our audience – these people watch the show day in, day out and invest in these characters so we have to make sure we do our part."



So there you have it, it seems EastEnders wanted to keep us guessing if Vincent was dead or alive, leaving the door firmly wedged open for a possible return in the future.

Are you glad soap bosses decided to keep the door open for Richard to return at a later date?



Comments

  1. I feel bad for Kim (and Pearl). They won't know what happened to him, whether he's dead or alive. I just hope they do something with Kim now. She's such a great character and Tameka Empson is a brilliant actor (both comedy and drama). It will be hard for Kim to have humour now, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment