![]() |
Speaking to The Express, Timothy explained: "I had prostate cancer but I've been clear for five years. There were only one or two people who knew.
"At the time I discovered that I had prostate cancer, it was not long after my first wife had died, so my children had lost their mum. I felt that to tell them that I had prostate cancer, while I knew that I had it and there was a threat of some sort, I felt that it would be wise not to make things worse for them.
"The death of their mum was a shock and my eldest daughter said at the funeral, 'Please look after yourself, Dad.' I realised then that it was right not to tell them.
"But I did tell them when I was given the all-clear."
Since working with Prostate Cancer UK and learning that the disease can be hereditary, Timothy is now trying to raise awareness.
"I have four sons. Three of them are biologically mine and they are at significant risk, but not as high as my adopted son who is at an even higher risk," he said.
![]() |
| EastEnders, BBC One |
"I have now urged them to get tested and they absolutely will. I will nag them about it. I want to give them the gift of knowledge on Father's Day. Knowledge is power."
He continued: "To men who have concerns, I'd say, 'Don't be embarrassed, go and be checked. And people who have heredity connections should not think twice about it. There's nothing to be ashamed of and it doesn't hurt.'
"I don't know whether having cancer has changed my attitude to life. I can't even say that now I live every day to the fullest… I think I always have, really. At the end of the day, I always want to feel I've achieved something.
"Now, I feel fine, really fine. I'm pretty happy, too. And I'm very fortunate."
EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.



Loved All Creatures Great and Small, was happy to see him again though took a few minutes to recognize young James Herriot!
ReplyDelete