Kate Oates Talks Future Storylines and Axing Characters

Incoming boss talks for the first time about future storylines and the axing of characters

Walford East

When a new boss jumps on board the EastEnders machine, there are always big changes made to the structure of the soap, some that don't go down well with viewers, such as the mass cull of 2017.

The Metro caught up with incoming soap boss Kate Oates and she has opened up about possible changes to the iconic show.



When asked about joining EastEnders, Kate revealed: "It’s very exciting, and I really am over the moon to be part of it.’

Kate also revealed that she takes over the soap later this month, and she's eager to hear any ideas the cast and crew have: I’ve got loads of new people to meet and I really want to hear what they have to say, and then work out how my ideas can meet theirs.’

EastEnders, BBC One

Kate has already started thinking about big storylines: "There are definitely characters I would have my eye on and who I can very much envision being at the centre of some exciting storylines"

When the newspaper asked about a possible mass clear-out of characters, she explained: "I’m not a big fan of axing sprees, because I think you have to have faith in the talent you inherit and need to work out the best way to use it."



"I’ve watched shows before when there’s been a mass-clear out, and sometimes you run the risk of changing the landscape so much, the show feels really odd and different for quite a while."

So there you have it, there's a good chance your favourite character will be safe! - What changes do you hope she makes?

EastEnders airs weeknights on BBC One.

Comments

  1. Billy can go-we've had over a decade of him with PT jobs, and being a loser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely bring back fatboy, Sharon can go and never get rid of Karen and Family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Totally agree about the Taylors - they are phenomenal!! Alas, Fatboy is dead and should therefore not return from the grave, as much as I miss him.

      Delete

Post a Comment