Harry Reid Reacts to Ben Mitchell Recast

"I didn't expect that they were going to recast the role"



When Digital Spy caught up with Harry Reid, one of burning questions fans wanted to know is how he feels about EastEnders recasting the role of Ben Mitchell.

Harry left Walford early last year after a bungled attempt at stealing the New Year's day heist money from Aidan Maguire.



When asked how he felt about the recasting of Ben Mitchell, Harry said: "They told me that they were going to recast him about a week before it was announced. To be honest, I was shocked because I didn't expect that they were going to recast the role. I was told that they weren't going to recast.

BBC

It is a shame and it is frustrating because I still love the character of Ben. For me he's one of the most exciting characters to play on the Square. Max has landed a great part and I wish him the best of luck, because I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun with it." he continued.



Harry also had some kind words to say about new EastEnders boss Kate Oates: "Kate actually sent me an email as well, just before it got announced. She explained that the writers wanted to take Ben in a new direction and she was lovely. We're actually going to meet up for some lunch.

There is no ill-feeling in this whatsoever from me towards EastEnders or Kate. I've still got lots of friends there and a lot of love for that place.

Max Bowden Instagram: @bowden5

Although no return date has been confirmed, Max Bowden's debut as Ben Mitchell is said to be in the spring.

EastEnders air weeknights on BBC One.



Comments

  1. Gets a bit frustrating when they keep bringing the same character back but with a new face. What was wrong with the last Ben, do you think he could not change direction and act differently? Very disappointed to see a fourth Ben Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gets a bit frustrating when they keep bringing the same character back but with a new face. What was wrong with the last Ben, do you think he could not change direction and act differently? Very disappointed to see a fourth Ben Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gets a bit frustrating when they keep bringing the same character back but with a new face. What was wrong with the last Ben, do you think he could not change direction and act differently? Very disappointed to see a fourth Ben Mitchell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment